Lack of color intensity & depths of blacks?

Home Forums Help and Support Lack of color intensity & depths of blacks?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Aradere
    Participant

Hi there!

I first got DisplayCal a few months ago to calibrate my display. Back then, it all worked pretty neatly even without much setup.
    I’m currently using a Spyder3 with this software. Throughout my move from one Windows version to another, most of my profiles got lost somehow. The one for my main display has remained, which has been my most successful calibration so far (pictures look exactly like the overpriced professional prints I’ve gotten). The colors are intense, there’s decent contrast, the blacks are very rich, and whites are nice and shiny white.

I wasn’t so lucky for my second monitor, however. I’ve spent just about 6 hours trying various random options I don’t 100% understand to make it look anywhere near as good as my main monitor, but all colors are just… very muted. Most dark gray tones look way too light, and colors just dont have that pop to them and look muted. I don’t care if the displays are a decent match at all, I just want to make this display’s colors look better than they currently do.

Based on this info, is there anything you could recommend I do? It’s quite painful to view at this point, considering my main monitor looks so good. They’re the same make and model.

Thanks!

asdfage wegagag
    Participant

Forget spyder3, get the colormunki display, or i1dpro. You’re not going to get any accuracy / reliable colors out of a spyder3 at this point. it’s worn out (aging), and can not measure the dark tones accurately, generating dead zones.

Calibrite Display SL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS