Is my calibration ok for photo and art’s drawning?

Home Forums General Discussion Is my calibration ok for photo and art’s drawning?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Neemh
    Participant

Monitor IIYama ProLite XB2483HSU-B3. So sending here a results from testchart.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Neemh
    Participant

Updated measurement report with bigger testchart.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

SCN
    Participant

Maximum ΔE*00 < 2 is good for professional work as advertised by monitor manufacturer

Vincent
    Participant

Maximum ΔE*00 < 2 is good for professional work as advertised by monitor manufacturer

Also it’s wise to take a look on grey range, against profile and also against true neutral grey. Neem’s seems OK against display profile.

Color distance against a “reference” can be two times bigger when you compare some grey to another grey. It’s a way to see numerically if some grey is a bit green but within tolerance to reference but another grey is pink, also within tolerance. Color distance between those greys, (= what you’ll see in your screen) can be much higher than error in a particular grey to its reference.
    RGB + gray balance  combo in report , then look for “range a*b*” is a way to measure “amplitude” in color oscillation in neutral axis.
    Bad range and banding caused by calibration or color management can be a PITA if you need to work with B&W.

SCN
    Participant

I get it. Thank you for making thing clear.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS