Interactive Display Adjustment

Home Forums Help and Support Interactive Display Adjustment

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Jacob Pritchard
    Participant

Question about the Interactive display adjustment:

When I use this, I have to make adjustments of up to 10 % on the individual RGB chanels  on my Eizo.

IT feels like I this leads to a less accurate result than when I just use the default settings (EG monitor RGB all set to equal numbers).  I understand that it should take my eyes some time to adjust to a different setting. But even after many hours of use, the Eizo feels like it has a significant color shift, when compared against my calibrated Macbook Retina (which admitedly has no option for RGB adjustments during calibration).

When I set RGB channels to default and then calibrate from scratch, it feels like a “better” calibration with less of a color cast  (to my admitedly novice eyes)

Curious if there’s any troubleshooting I can do for this, or if I might be missing something in the initial setup?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Make sure you are using the correct measurement mode and/or correction for your Eizo. If you want to match your Macbook more closely, use the visual whitepoint editor.

asdfage wegagag
    Participant

@ Florian, Do you think a Grey balance visual editor could get in the works, 0% to 100% in 5% increments ? I know HCFR already does this, but for whatever reason, the measurements taken in that application is different from that in Displaycal’s generator. It’d be useful if we had this function all in one place with the same generator program path.

Jacob Pritchard
    Participant

Thanks for the feedback Florian! Definitely some more options to explore.

One interesting finding in the meantime, for what it’s worth: When I *don’t* use a correction for my monitor, DisplayCal suggests far less RGB adjustments in that early step.

In either case, I’ll report back if I have any useful findings!

Florian Höch
    Administrator

@ Florian, Do you think a Grey balance visual editor could get in the works, 0% to 100% in 5% increments ?

Nope, sorry. Manual calibration is beyond the scope of DisplayCAL (apart from the whitepoint adjustment), and this is going to stay that way.

When I *don’t* use a correction for my monitor, DisplayCal suggests far less RGB adjustments in that early step.

Sure, that may be the case. It’s totally anecdotal though, i.e. not using a correction doesn’t mean you always have to adjust less.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS