iMac 5K Wide-Gamut Limiting / sRGB Emulation mode?

Home Forums Help and Support iMac 5K Wide-Gamut Limiting / sRGB Emulation mode?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Philip Bowser
    Participant

Hey folks, I currently own a late 2015 5k iMac Retina. I’m looking for a way to “limit” the wide-gamut display to a standard sRGB display so colours show up properly. Currently they are oversaturated unless I’m in a colour managed application (Like After Effects or Davinci Resolve). Is there a way to emulate an sRGB ICC profile or perhaps remap the larger colour space to a a smaller one?

It would be great if playing back something in quicktime or opening a photo wasn’t overly saturated.
    If anyone has any experience with wide-gamut displays or specifically this 5k iMac, I would appreciate your help very much 🙂

Thank you!
    Phil

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Under Mac OS X, the whole desktop is color managed (with few exceptions and notwithstanding bugs in Apple’s “Photo” and “Preview” apps).

Philip Bowser
    Participant

Ahh! I see. Thanks for the quick reply Florian.
    It’s a little bit annoying that Adobe doesn’t have color management in Premiere.

I guess my best work-around would be to create a LUT in DisplayCal and apply it in an adjustment layer over top of my entire timeline so I can see what the colors would actually look like online for someone using a regular sRGB monitor.

Would I just use the Resolve workflow? And then load that LUT into the Lumetri panel within Premiere?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Would I just use the Resolve workflow? And then load that LUT into the Lumetri panel within Premiere?

Possibly. I have no experience with Premiere.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS