I want to generate ccss files I need help

Home Forums Help and Support I want to generate ccss files I need help

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

burnping
    Participant

Hello Vincent, I want to generate ccss files, but my spectrometer Topcon sr3ar does not support DIsplay cal. I see an example of using Minolta cs1000 to generate ccss in the preset. Can you tell me how to generate ccss files with other spectrometers?

Vincent
    Participant

If it is not supported… you cannot use DisplayCAL to generate them.

You can use your vendor software to export 4 spectral readings in whatever text format that vendor app allows:
    1 at RGB 255 white in MS Paint
    1 at R 255 red in MS Paint
    1 at G 255 green in MS Paint
    1 at B 255 blue in MS Paint

Those spectral samples is waht a CCSS stores plus some headers. Then use some bundled CCSS as a “template” to build your own one. You just need to adjust full spectral sample steps like SPEC_480, total number of bands and starting and ending wavelength.

Then import your manually created CCSS and test it with an i1d3, check if colorimeter + CCSS  vs spectro match within some expevcted range < 3dE.
    IDNK Topcon sr3ar  specs, but remember that if it has low spectral resolution this test may not match on troublesome backlights like WLED PFS phosphor.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

burnping
    Participant

Thanks Vincent 1nm spectral resolution sufficient?    I am a Chinese monitor information forums Can I leave an email for communication? I want to have more cooperation with Display cal

burnping:Email

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by burnping.

Vincent
    Participant

Of course, if the vendor software from Topcon techno can output a text file with 1nm resolution, then  all things are easier because you can use one of the Xrite CCSS as templates modifying less things.
    Please check that starting nm and ending nm in those templates matches your output.

CCSS are text files, open one and you’ll see. The minimum is 4 rows of spectral data: W,R,G,B with a row index as first number in line. To measure them, since your spectro is not supported by DisplayCAL open MS paint and make big 255 patches of W, R, G & B.

burnping
    Participant

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by burnping.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by burnping.

burnping
    Participant

Hello Vincent jeti 1511hires with display cal software to generate spectral correction CCSS?

Vincent
    Participant

burnping
    Participant

Thank you for your answer, Vincent, I know 1501 and 1511  4.5nm can be supported, but I don’t know the 1501 hires  2NM  spectral version. They all use a same driver

burnping
    Participant

Thank you for your answer, Vincent, I know 1501 and 1511  4.5nm can be supported, but I don’t know the 1501 hires  2NM  spectral version. They all use a same driver

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Vincent
    Participant

Write this question on ArgyllCMS mailist. Graeme wrote the code for 1511.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS