How to implement colorimeter correction files

Home Forums Help and Support How to implement colorimeter correction files

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

David Brown
    Participant

First, I’m new to DisplayCAL. I am very impressed with what you’ve created. Thank you for doing so. (I’m also made a donation.)

I have a Spyder5 and i1 Display Pro. The first time I ran DisplayCAL with each one connected to my Mac, the popup window inquiring if I wanted to download colorimeter correction files appeared. In each case I did so. In each case, a file was downloaded into my Downloads folder. (For the Spyder, a .bin file was downloaded, but it only expands into another compressed file which, in turn, expands into the same .bin file.) However, I can not figure out what to do with the files. In DisplayCAL’s Correction menu, nothing for either of my monitors or colorimeter’s appears. I attempted to use DisplayCAL’s Choose  colorimeter correction… option, but neither of the downloaded files would open.

I’m speculating there isn’t colorimeter correction data available for my monitor and colorimeter – but if so, what was downloaded?

Mac Pro (late 2013), macOS 10.12.6, DisplayCAL 3.3.5, HP DreamColor Z27x, Asus PB278, Spyder5Elite, i1 Display Pro

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

thank you for your generous donation 🙂

In DisplayCAL’s Correction menu, nothing for either of my monitors or colorimeter’s appears.

The Spyder5 corrections are available as measurement modes. There are seven modes total for the Spyder5.

The i1 DisplayPro on the other hand offers spectral corrections (9 total) for various display technologies in the corrections dropdown.

what was downloaded?

You can delete the downloaded files, they are only needed temporarily (to automatically extract and import the correction data).

David Brown
    Participant

Florian,

Thank you for the quick response. Okay – I do, indeed, have the items to which you refer in the measurement modes and corrections menus. I did not recognize them as pertaining to the Spyder and i1 Display Pro as the names of those devices do not appear in the measurement choices.

Regards, David

Federico
    Participant

Hi, how can I remove corrections? I think I import them twice, and every correction is duplicated. I also just see two modes 1.Refresh (generic) and 2.LCD (generic) with my i1 Display Pro which seems strange. I also let an attachment with the results of a calibration, I can’t achieve a max dE <1. Is a max dE <4 good?

Greetings from Argentina.

Regards, Federico

• This reply was modified 5 years, 3 months ago by Federico.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

If you have HCFR installed, it will put duplicates of the correction files into %APPDATA%\color. The canonical location is %APPDATA%\ArgyllCMS.

I also just see two modes 1.Refresh (generic) and 2.LCD (generic) with my i1 Display Pro which seems strange.

That’s normal.

I also let an attachment with the results of a calibration, I can’t achieve a max dE <1. Is a max dE <4 good?

Average 0.40, max < 4 seems fine.

Federico
    Participant

Thanks for your answer.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS