Help with calibration results??

Home Forums Help and Support Help with calibration results??

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

musiclvr
    Participant

I’m trying to calibrate my 2015 iMac 27″ for photo editing. I was so confused about which settings to use.  I calibrated 4 different times and got different results each time. Can you take a look at these reports and tell me what I am doing wrong? Am I using the wrong settings?

Also, I was surprised at how much warmer my monitor was after calibrating it. Do iMacs generally run really cool/blue out of the box?  It’s a pretty significant difference. To my eyes, it seems way too warm now but maybe that’s just because I’m not used to it?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

I was so confused about which settings to use

Defaults should work well.

I calibrated 4 different times and got different results each time.

Was the instrument sitting firmly against the screen? Is light falling directly onto the monitor?

I calibrated 4 different times and got different results each time. Can you take a look at these reports and tell me what I am doing wrong? Am I using the wrong settings?

I can’t see all the settings you used from the reports. I see that you used a colorimeter correction in one of them. Did you create it yourself or is this from the corrections database?

Also, I was surprised at how much warmer my monitor was after calibrating it

The Spyders aren’t all that accurate, especially with nonstandard backlighting like the newer iMacs have. If you have a spectrometer available, you can create a correction matrix (not spectral correction) to alleviate this somewhat.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS