Help me understand how good/bad is my first calibration

Home Forums Help and Support Help me understand how good/bad is my first calibration

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

rfgamaral
    Participant

Hi there,

This is my first time calibrating a monitor and using DisplayCAL. Hopefully I did everything right but would like the experts feedback. FYI, I’m using the X-Rite i1 Display Pro on the LG 27GL850, a wide gamut screen.

Before starting the calibration process I selected the following settings:

Then I reset the Gamer 1 (the only mode of my monitor with support for R/G/B settings) picture settings to the factory defaults with 100% brightness and only then I started the calibration and profile process.

Not sure if relevant but I ended up with these monitor settings:

Then I waited for the profile process to finish and I got the attached measurement report.

I’ve applied the profile with DisplayCAL Profile Loader and profile aware applications, like Adobe Lightroom or even Firefox (after proper configuration) display much more realistic colors. But please, let me know how well (or bad) did I do this whole process and if I should do something different to better calibrate my monitor.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

rfgamaral
    Participant

I wasn’t satisfied with my first calibration, the whitepoint felt too yellowish for my taste and what I’m used to so I did a second one with slightly different settings.

DisplayCAL Settings:

After calibration, my monitor R/G/B values were slightly different (compared to the first calibration) and contrast was also set to the reset value (I manually increased this value on the previous calibration to better match the 350 cd/m2 specified by LG, which I don’t care because I never use the monitor in full brightness anyway). Then I waited for the profile process to finish and I got the attached measurement report.

Please let me know what do you think of my second calibration/profiling and if it looks good or not.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by rfgamaral.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS