Hardware Gammut 1.0 disable ?

Home Forums General Discussion Hardware Gammut 1.0 disable ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Christopher
    Participant

My monitor is capable of changing based on hardware the gamut to 1.8; although only if the display mode is set to “standard”. If I want to set it to Rec709 in my case this option is disabled; any reason to this ?

And is it possible to get my display to a gamut of 1.8 instead of the standard 2.2 even within the hardware of the monitor ?

• This topic was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by Christopher.

MW
    Participant

Gamut is the wrong term. The correct term is Gamma, meaning the brightness of mid tones. Gamut OTOH refers basically to how intense the colors can get. This is what you control with the rec 709 mode.

And is it possible to get my display to a gamut of 1.8 instead of the standard 2.2 even within the hardware of the monitor ?

Generally no if it’s not a option in the OSD. You will have to use either color management or DWMLUT or hardware LUT. Or accept the colors with gamma 1.8.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by MW.

Christopher
    Participant

Generally no if it’s not a option in the OSD. You will have to use either color management or DWMLUT or hardware LUT. Or accept the colors with gamma 1.8.

What type of color management or DWMLUT; what is this ?  How can I manipulate the hardware LUT as you mentioned ?

Accepting the colors is based on standard OSD setting which I do not want to do.

MW
    Participant

What’s your display model?

Christopher
    Participant

What’s your display model?

Asus PA329C.

MW
    Participant

I’ll suggest DWMLUT. Set the color mode to standard on the display to expose the native output.
    1. It behaves basically like a hardware LUT, works on all apps and supports all combinations of gamma and color space.
    2. Because Displaycal generates the 3DLUT you will have certainty that the right correction is used for white point accuracy. OTOH not much is known about the Asus software until someone knowledgeable does testing.

Christopher
    Participant

I’ll suggest DWMLUT. Set the color mode to standard on the display to expose the native output.
    1. It behaves basically like a hardware LUT, works on all apps and supports all combinations of gamma and color space.
    2. Because Displaycal generates the 3DLUT you will have certainty that the right correction is used for white point accuracy. OTOH not much is known about the Asus software until someone knowledgeable does testing.

Are you suggesting I use DisplayCAL along with DWMLUT and this will cause an accurate white point accuracy.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by Christopher.

MW
    Participant

Yes, it’s probably the best way to get what you want.

Christopher
    Participant

What is better to use DisplayCAL or ArgyllCMS ?

Also what if a CCSS profile doesn’t exist for one display ?

MW
    Participant

What is better to use DisplayCAL or ArgyllCMS ?

Doesn’t matter, Displaycal is powered by ArgyllCMS. Use what you are familiar with.

Also what if a CCSS profile doesn’t exist for one display ?

The generic PFS Phosphor HP Dreamcolor CCSS  is a good match for your Asus PA329C. It’s recommended over individual ones because of the higher spectral resolution needed for that type of display tech.

Christopher
    Participant

I was informed the; HP Z24x G2 sample ?

How about for Huion displays the correct CCSS file ?

MW
    Participant

That’s the one.

I don’t know about Huion displays they use different tech depending on the model.

Christopher
    Participant

That’s the one.

I don’t know about Huion displays they use different tech depending on the model.

Is there a method to find out; these displays seem a bit black boxed, I could be wrong ?

MW
    Participant

Make a quick profile with correction:none and post a screenshot of the profile information window.

Christopher
    Participant

Make a quick profile with correction:none and post a screenshot of the profile information window.

I get the error in the screen capture when correction:none ?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS