Green tint after calibration

Home Forums Help and Support Green tint after calibration

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

Gabi Kogge
    Participant

Any idea which file? That’s a pretty long list in ~/Library/Caches and I don’t even know if this is the only folder?!

I found another recommendation from end of 2015 and “reduced transparency”. That seems to help but it doesn’t look as nice any longer.  Strange behavior…?!?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Any idea which file? That’s a pretty long list in ~/Library/Caches and I don’t even know if this is the only folder?!

Probably anything that has com.apple.* in the name, although all of the files are safe to delete.

I found another recommendation from end of 2015 and “reduced transparency”. That seems to help but it doesn’t look as nice any longer. Strange behavior…?!?

Probably one of the many bugs and quirks related to color in OS X 🙁

Gabi Kogge
    Participant

Thanks a lot for your constant support Florian!

Just one more thought: I changed display setup. Usually I used “Mirror Display” as “Arrangement”. I disabled this to have the desktop spread over both displays (Dell and Macbook). If I now shift a window from one display to another one, it has a green tint (on Dell) or a magenta tint (Macbook) the moment it changes from one display to the other one. The moment it fully arrived on the other display, the tint disappears.

I could imagine that this tint is permanent if I “Mirror Displays”, meaning to use booth displays for the same element all the time.

Is it possible that graphic card can’t display the same window on two displays with correct color at the same time, but has to decide for one pattern? Still strange that this issue only seems to be with some native Apple apps?!

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Is it possible that graphic card can’t display the same window on two displays with correct color at the same time, but has to decide for one pattern?

This is probably to be expected – in mirror mode, both displays are treated as one by the graphics card, so there is no way for the OS to use individual display profiles anymore.

Gabi Kogge
    Participant

Thanks a lot Florian! Very much appreciated!

Sheldon Charron
    Participant

This thread is getting old, but I figured I would post here because I’m getting the same problem.  After calibrating a 34″ LG widescreen and then my Macbook Pro display, with LUTs for Davinci Resolve, I now have a problem where skin tones and reds are all green in Facebook using Google Chrome and Firefox.  Colors appear fine in Safari.

Interestingly, videos and Facebook Ad images are not effected and display normally.  All the profile icons and photo posts look like green night vision mode.  I’ve disabled hardware acceleration in Chrome and reset all settings.  Nothing seems to work.

My profile icon being pulled from facebook that appears here in the displaycal forum is also green.

Anyone have any ideas?

oser86
    Participant

Good afternoon!

In preparation for calibration, the image turns green (if you align the RGB sliders).
    After calibration, the environment becomes green.
    Linux Mint System 19.3 + Spider 4, with two monitors.

I tried different types of monitors, the result is one.

In the attachment are screenshots and the profile.

Any ideas? Thanks for advice!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Measurements look…wild. Maybe your Spyder4 has deteriorated past usefulness, but to make sure I would test under another system first.

oser86
    Participant

I solved the problem. Spider 4 did not work correctly on my system with USB 3.0. When connected to USB 2.0, the problem is gone.
    Thank you for responding.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS