Gamut Display Error or Scam ?

Home Forums General Discussion Gamut Display Error or Scam ?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 65 total)
  • Author

Vincent
    Participant

If Cintiq22 is a “SRGB only” display use generic “White LED family (LG Samsng)” . If it is a widegamut display IDNK.

I couldn’t find; White LED Family (LG Samsung) instead I used, WLEDFamily_07Feb11. The results are only 87.9% Gamut coverage for sRGB and since this display can only do 72% for AdobeRGB, calibration is returning only 64.4% for AdobeRGB Gamut Coverage. I would like to get higher for AdobeRGB atleast 70% if possible ?

Use displaycal profile info and see where it is falling short. May shed some light on backlight type question. Typical White LED IPS/VA are at least 91% sRGB falling short in green. IDNK yours.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by Vincent.

Christopher
    Participant

Use displaycal profile info and see where it is falling short. May shed some light on backlight type question. Typical White LED IPS/VA are at least 91% sRGB falling short in green. IDNK yours

Sorry, where do I find this ?

Vincent
    Participant

Use displaycal profile info and see where it is falling short. May shed some light on backlight type question. Typical White LED IPS/VA are at least 91% sRGB falling short in green. IDNK yours

Sorry, where do I find this ?

DisplayCAL profile info application. In DisplayCAL folder or pressing “i” button in Displaycal on your current profile.

Also on commandline ArgyllCMS, but this is easier

Christopher
    Participant

What specifically should I look for in the profile information ?

Vincent
    Participant

There is a gamut plot. You can do it in 2D or 3D. You can choose several colorspaces to compare against. If you want to see in gamut plot actual “visual distance” do not choose “CIE xy”.

Christopher
    Participant

There is a gamut plot. You can do it in 2D or 3D. You can choose several colorspaces to compare against. If you want to see in gamut plot actual “visual distance” do not choose “CIE xy”.

Use displaycal profile info and see where it is falling short

You mentioned to get the correct CCSS file for backlighting for the Cintiq 22HD thus you said to check the profile information ?

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by Christopher.

Vincent
    Participant

No I said to check profile information to see where cintiq falls short of sRGB gamut. Where. That way you may get a hint about backlight.

Christopher
    Participant

No I said to check profile information to see where cintiq falls short of sRGB gamut. Where. That way you may get a hint about backlight.

There doesn’t seem to be the information in the profile information about sRGB gamut.

Vincent
    Participant

There doesn’t seem to be the information in the profile information about sRGB gamut.

You’re wrong, left side:

Christopher
    Participant

How do I read the color chart to get a hint about the back lighting, in hopes to select a better CCSS file (colormeter ?) to hopefully reach a higher gamut of what the display can show ?

Vincent
    Participant

How do I read the color chart to get a hint about the back lighting, in hopes to select a better CCSS file (colormeter ?) to hopefully reach a higher gamut of what the display can show ?

Depending on primaries location….although <90% sRGB… maybe it is an WLED as bad as it looks.

Or rent an spectrophotemeter…

Christopher
    Participant

I did the test again; this time there was an improvement for this particular display.

91% sRGB Gamut coverage

67% AdobeRGB Gamut coverage (the display can do maximum of 72% for AdobeRGB)

69.8% for DCI-P3 – Ignore that since this display can’t show DCI-P3

It’s better and here is the gamut preview;

Can the gamut be improved, or is it best where it is ?

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by Christopher.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Vincent
    Participant

Maybe there is some error by user. That shows D50 white. If it was your intention (D50)… yes, it seems that it’s all you can get.

If it is default factory/HW cal profile with a cooler white (D65) , you see PCS white in profile hence visual comparison may be confusing.

Christopher
    Participant

If it is default factory/HW cal profile with a cooler white (D65) , you see PCS white in profile hence visual comparison may be confusing

?

Vincent
    Participant

Confusing for you. Google about Profile Connection Space. Some manufacturers or HW cal developers store ICC v2 profiles with no information about actual white just PCS white.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by Vincent.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 65 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS