Fix profile association – Default profile messed up when switching displays.

Home Forums Help and Support Fix profile association – Default profile messed up when switching displays.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author

Florian Höch
    Administrator

I just uploaded Beta2 (same link). This fixes a missing check when changing profiles.

Monstieur
    Participant

I tested 3.5 beta. Now it shows the correct default profile without using “Fix profile associations”. I assume this means the correct gamma calibration is loaded?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

When you have some disabled displays, the “Fix profile associations” menu item and checkbox should now be greyed out. Is this the case for you?

I assume this means the correct gamma calibration is loaded?

Should be. You can check this by assigning profiles with different color casts (see the “tests” folder in DisplayCAL folder) to each display.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Just make sure to use Beta2 when changing profiles in the profile loader associations dialog.

Monstieur
    Participant

The check box is not disabled even with disabled displays. I can still click it.

I didn’t need to change profiles manually. It now shows the correct profile even with disabled displays.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by Monstieur.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

The check box is not disabled even with disabled displays. I can still click it.

And the menu item? Although that’s relying on the same underlying logic.

Monstieur
    Participant

Both are still clickable on my 1 & 3 and 2 & 3 configurations.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Ah, I see my mistake now. Will upload Beta3 in a minute…

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Beta3 now up (again same link). This should correctly disable the “fix profile associations” functionality in case a monitor is a child device to several adapters.

Monstieur
    Participant

It’s disabled now.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Good, thanks for the feedback, and thanks for helping me debug this, very much appreciated. DisplayCAL 3.5 final should be coming shortly, once I have heard back from the two other people who had problems with >= 3 displays.

Monstieur
    Participant

This issue only started after I removed my 2nd GPU. Previously I had display 3 connected to the 2nd GPU and 1 & 2 to the 1st GPU.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Previously I had display 3 connected to the 2nd GPU and 1 & 2 to the 1st GPU.

Makes sense. This problem will only happen if >= 3 displays are attached to the same graphics device.

Monstieur
    Participant

The beta profile loader is causing continuous stuttering on my PC. The mouse and applications windows constantly freeze every few seconds. If I quit the profile loader it returns to normal.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

This is actually the first time I noticed it too. As it turns out, this seems to be caused by WcsGetDefaultColorProfile, which is annoying because that wasn’t the case a while ago. Whether a Windows or graphics driver update caused this, I’m unable to tell. I’ve ideas for possible workarounds, but it may make the profile loader less reliable.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS