Errors and Crazy LUTs

Home Forums Help and Support Errors and Crazy LUTs

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

calbrate
    Participant

Hi there, I’m trying to calibrate my client monitor connected via Decklink Mini through Resolve.

I bought both the SpyderX and the Xrite Colorchecker Display with the idea that I’d probably need to return one, but I wanted to cover my bases.

First off, the SpyderX doesn’t work at all – I get an error every time I try to run the calibration. I tried updating to the most current version of Argyll, but that didn’t fix it (although it’s tough to know if the install worked because I have to manually tell OSX that the developer is OK).

Ok second, I ran the entire process for the xrite and the LUT it produced looks psychedelic.

Monitor: ASUS PA247CV (Which is supposed to have 100% of sRGB and Rec709)

Settings: Video 3d LUT for Resolve (D65, Rec 709)

LCD Generic

Spectral: LCD White LED family (AC, LG, Samsung)

Is there something I’m missing here? Or are these devices just totally incompatible with this very powerful software?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

SpyderX Pro on Amazon   Calibrite Display SL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Vincent
    Participant

No data no help

calbrate
    Participant

Sorry, what is the data you seek? Happy to provide.

Vincent
    Participant

You are experiencing a “user misconfiguration”. You did something wrong and it is not retalated to your colorimeters. You have to find where you have wrong configuration.

First of all you’ll have to clarify what is “psychedelic” in a numerical or objective way, a verification report for example.

Second you should test you setup with you asus as GUI monitor, plugin it through GPU not decklink. Calibrate& profile, validate, try some LUT3D as GUI monitor. That will give you info that your displaycal config is OK, without any user misconfiguration.

If that works fine the error shoudl be in your decklink + asus connection configuration, maybe you are using YCrBr input/output if available but the other side expects RGB. Just an example, it does not mean that you are experiencing this.

Isolate and test each stage in pipeline. That “psychedelic” points to 3rd step but without more information it’s just guessing.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS