Error when trying to measure with specbos1201

Home Forums Help and Support Error when trying to measure with specbos1201

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Julian Martinz
    Participant

Trying create a colorimeter offset for my i1displayPro with a jeti specbos1201. I installed the agryll instrument drivers and dispcal recognizes the probe  but I get this error message when trying to measure:

Error - new_disprd() failed with 'Instrument Access Failed'

The probe is running the most recent firmware from march (2.2.0) and works fine with Lightspace and JETI Lival.

Regards,
    Julian

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

I installed the agryll instrument drivers

Those are not needed for the specbos, but it doesn’t hurt to have them installed either.

Error - new_disprd() failed with 'Instrument Access Failed'

Graeme is aware of the issue, but cannot reproduce it using his 1211, so currently there’s no progress on this. All that is known is that some 1201’s reject certain commands that should be valid according to JETI’s documentation. Which version of Argyll CMS are you using? Can you attach a debug log (enable advanced option in the “Options” menu, enable Argyll debug output under “Advanced”, run a measurement)?

Julian Martinz
    Participant

Those are not needed for the specbos, but it doesn’t hurt to have them installed either.

No? Thats kinda strange .. the probe did not show up before I installed them.

Which version of Argyll CMS are you using? Can you attach a debug log

Not in front of the machine and the probe currently, but it should be the most recent version as I just installed it this week and downloaded it via Dispcal 3.2.. Can check it on monday and will create the debug-log as well.

In the meantime:
    Is there an option to manually enter measurements for a reference device in order to create a colorimeter offset?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

No? Thats kinda strange .. the probe did not show up before I installed them.

The Argyll drivers do not include the specbos (and Klein K10) because those use the FTDI virtual comport drivers. If you have LiVal, that probably installed the FTDI drivers.

it should be the most recent version as I just installed it this week and downloaded it via Dispcal 3.2

Alright, that makes sense.

Is there an option to manually enter measurements for a reference device in order to create a colorimeter offset?

You can use an existing measurement TI3 file as template and overwrite the XYZ values (range needs to be 0..100), adjusting NUMBER_OF_SETS accordingly. The measurement file needs to contain measurements for R, G, B and white.

Julian Martinz
    Participant

Modifying an existant measurment works fine. However I had to firstly normalize the white reading to Y=100 and then modify the primary readings with the same ratio to later on get the xy values I got in Lightspace that I used as source for the XYZ values I entered in the measurment file.
    Is it viable to set the NORMALIZED_TO_Y_100 key to No / False and enter the original values in the matrix instead? It’s not that big deal calculate the scaled values but it is an additional step 😉

Another thing which irritated me firstly was, that if you modify any xy value (white or any primary) in the ‘create syntetic ICC profile’ tool the XYZ-Values of all Primaries will be modified.
    After some considerations I came to the conclusion that that has to be done because if you alter the whitepoint the luminance values of the primaries have to be altered that a mix of all primaries yields the whitepoint. Consequently X and Z have to be altered as well to keep the original xy values. Can you confirm this?

Can you attach a debug log (enable advanced option in the “Options” menu, enable Argyll debug output under “Advanced”, run a measurement)?

Where will the log be saved? It is not the DisplayCal.txt found under AppData/Roaming/DispCAL/logs isn’t it?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Is it viable to set the NORMALIZED_TO_Y_100 key to No / False and enter the original values in the matrix instead?

I never tried that, but it’s certainly safer to scale to Y=100 (I’m not sure DisplayCAL actually deals with the other case).

[…] I came to the conclusion that that has to be done because if you alter the whitepoint the luminance values of the primaries have to be altered that a mix of all primaries yields the whitepoint. Consequently X and Z have to be altered as well to keep the original xy values. Can you confirm this?

Yes. A simple 3×3 matrix profile will only work correctly if the matrix columns add up to white.

Where will the log be saved? It is not the DisplayCal.txt found under AppData/Roaming/DispCAL/logs isn’t it?

Either that or bring up the log window (menu “Tools”) after the run and save the log there.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS