Does the "default rendering intent" affect colors system-wide?

Home Forums Help and Support Does the "default rendering intent" affect colors system-wide?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

bitfidelity
    Participant

Profiling > Profile type > Advanced gamut mapping options >Default rendering intent

Does this option have an effect on *everything* that is displayed, or only programs that explicitly support color profiling?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

No. The only ‘effect’ it has is that it gives applications a means to figure out what the preferred rendering intent is. But applications may ignore this at their leisure, so there is no guarantee.

bitfidelity
    Participant

Despite that, “default rendering intent” still ultimately decides how Windows renders OS (i.e., UI) colors, correct?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

No. Windows itself is not color managed.

bitfidelity
    Participant

I see, thank you.

I recently re-calibrated using a new default rendering intent and chromaticity coordinates instead of color temperature and found doing so got rid of the green tint in my grays. I am going to assume it was all thanks to using chromaticity coordinates for my whitepoint; it had nothing to do with switching from perceptual to absolute colorimetric.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

I am going to assume it was all thanks to using chromaticity coordinates for my whitepoint; it had nothing to do with switching from perceptual to absolute colorimetric.

Correct.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS