Do I need the BMD SDI to HDMI 6G?

Home Forums Help and Support Do I need the BMD SDI to HDMI 6G?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Kaann
    Participant

Hello everybody,

So, I just got my hands on the BMD Mini monitor 4k and BMD SDI to HDMI 6G (to use as a lut box). My display is the Dell S2721QS, probe i1 display pro plus. Since my display doesn’t have built in hardware calibration, I bought the SDI to HDMI to send the 3d lut to my display. However, in this video, he just sends the lut thru the settings of Resolve to his reference monitor. Do I really need the BMD converter to send the lut, or can I just send it thru the settings of resolve? Will there be a difference in accuracy? Thanks in advance 🙂

Calibrite Display Plus HL on Amazon   Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Vincent
    Participant

Resolve can use software LUT3D. Do you need an external LUT3D for resolve? no. Do you need an external LUT3D to see rec709 content from other sources, like a BR player (hardware, not application)? yes

Kaann
    Participant

I see, thanks. Since I’m only gonna be using resolve, I guess I might aswell return it. Would be a waste of money otherwise :p

Vincent
    Participant

Try software LUT3D first.

Kaann
    Participant

Thanks for your reply. I will try that tommorow. Would there be a difference in accuracy? The 6g sdi hdmi only accepts 17^3 3d lut, I’m not sure about resolve.

Алексей Коробов
    Participant

And we have DWM_LUT for Windows users that does the job well. However I have found tolerance problems in blues. I don’t know, if this is Windows CMM wrong work or LUT quality issue, likely to be the first one.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS