“dispread” process keeps crashing on MacOS…

Home Forums Help and Support “dispread” process keeps crashing on MacOS…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

LordHathMercy
    Participant

Hey all!

Okay, so I’ve been reading and googling as much as I could, but it seems like my problem is a bit unique.

Also, I do have a error report that you guys can look at to see what’s going wrong. I’ll attach an PDF file to this post so that you guys can take a look at it.

Essentially, right after I try to start calibration, it goes through black drift correction (I think?), even though I didn’t select that checkmark box… And then the testing window disappears and I get a crash report.

I have an Intel MacBook Pro 16″ with MacOS Big Sur 11.3.1. I’m using a Datacolor SpyderX Pro connected directly to my computer, no hubs being used. I have ArgyllCMS 2.2.0 installed and located properly by DisplayCAL.

I *did* have several annoying Gatekeeper messages trying to stop DisplayCAL from functioning to the point that I just disabled it so that my Mac won’t keep questioning my wisdom. I’ve also set all of DisplayCAL’s files and the app itself under the “Developer Tools” section of the Privacy tab in my System Preferences, so that it won’t keep giving spurious warnings even after disabling Gatekeeper.

I’m kinda wondering if the DisplayCAL dev team should just try to get a developer certificate from Apple soon because trying to run DisplayCAL on Big Sur has been just a giant mess with an ultra-paranoid OS…

HELP!!!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

SpyderX Pro on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Vincent
    Participant

Use 2.1.3 beta as described in other M1/Apple threads (here) this month.

LordHathMercy
    Participant

2.1.3 Beta for….. ArgyllCMS or a version of DisplayCAL? Which one?

And this is an Intel-based Mac, not an ARM-based Mac.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by LordHathMercy.

Vincent
    Participant

-take a look on current versions of aryll and displaycal, it’s obvious

-” in other M1/Apple threads” = threads with issues runing Argyll on Big Sur.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by Vincent.

LordHathMercy
    Participant

I’m having a real hard time trying to find this ArgyllCMS 2.1.3 Beta… It’s not exactly on the ArgyllCMS website anymore based on the links that I could find on the main page.

Google is also not returning any helpful results. I should also note that the current version of ArgyllCMS is 2.2.0, which is a higher version than 2.1.3 Beta… Am I essentially downgrading ArgyllCMS on my Mac?

If you have a direct link to a place that has the download, I’d really appreciate it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS