DispcalGUI + Spyder3 + Win10 problem?

Home Forums Help and Support DispcalGUI + Spyder3 + Win10 problem?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

nozu82 SourceForge

I just updated to Windows 10 from 7 and my old ColorEyes Display Pro -software stopped working and I removed it from the computer. I decided to give DispcalGUI a try and installed the latest version. Only problem is that it won’t detect the Spyder 3 sensor no matter what USB port I plug it in. Any suggestions?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi, have you installed the Argyll CMS driver for the Spyder 3 (see the quickstart guide)?

nozu82 SourceForge

I had missed that one, thanks and sorry for the trouble!

DispcalGUI works fine now. Although extremely slow calibration with Spyder3. But that’s not a software’s fault. I guess it’s time to upgrade a calibrator.

Michel
    Participant

Hi Florian,

same here:  Spyder 3, Windows10, and i have installed the Argyll CMS driver for the spyder 3, as you recommended.

I suddenly checked “enable spyder 2 colorimeter” under instruments and cannot unchekl it again.

I also disabled my firewall due to some previous containments. But still no recognition of the instruent.

i even installed Spyder3 Express and ran the calibration process without problems, after that i deinstalled again. But no recognition.

On the same machine with win7 earlyer the spyder was working fine.   Any suggestions?

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by Michel.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by Michel.

Michel
    Participant

found the solution, i had to disable the firewalls.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS