DispCAL speed

Home Forums General Discussion DispCAL speed

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Antonio Marcheselli
    Participant

I indeed used the Auto. The intermediate pre-conditioning profile is ok – only takes a couple of minutes – but then it started creating the profile at the end of the second lot of patches.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Then you haven’t used “Options” -> “Measure testchart”.

Antonio Marcheselli
    Participant

I did. I also selected the “use linear calibration instead” as you recommended. Only thing I may have done is that as the profile was matrix only I selected a LUT profile under profiling/profile type and selected 425 “auto” testchart as thought it would only measure 73 patches instead. Maybe that triggered something?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Well, that’s not possible: Measuring a chart using “Options” -> “Measure testchart” doesn’t call into the profiling codepath, irrespective of settings used.

Antonio Marcheselli
    Participant

Clearly you know DisplayCAL better than I do so I’ll try again and report back but I’m 100% confident I selected “measure testchart” as you recommended!

At the end of the readings, am I expected to see any processing or will it take me back to the main screen with no further delay?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

You’ll be asked if you want to open the folder containing the measurement files after the measurements are finished.

Antonio Marcheselli
    Participant

no no processing at all, just last patch measured and then straight to the dialog you mentioned.

Reason I’m asking is that since my mediaplayer is quite slow I’m concerned that maybe those extra processing that would take seconds on a desktop PC is taking minutes on my media player and I’m mixing that up for the profiling process.

But to me it seemed like it was creating the profile, with the super-slow dialog mentioning something about “CAM jab clipping” (sorry for my ignorance on the matter!)

Thanks for your continued help, enjoy your Sunday!

Antonio Marcheselli
    Participant

Hi there

(and sorry for the typo on the previous post, it meant to begin with “SO no…”)

Well, I’m getting old. I tried again and it did what you said (obviously). I’ll process the 3DLUT tomorrow. Thanks again! 🙂

Antonio Marcheselli
    Participant

Hi Florian

Hope you’re doing well!

Back on this topic, have you by chance optimised the profiling/3DLUT speed? I’ve taken a reading on my media player as usual and then saved the data to have it processed by my desktop PC; when I loaded the data, it took about 10 seconds to complete, it used to take half a hour…

Thanks!

Tony

Florian Höch
    Administrator

No speed improvements that I recall.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS