Dell XPS 7590 4K IPS

Home Forums Help and Support Dell XPS 7590 4K IPS

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Abe
    Participant

Hi, I’m new to DisplayCal. My laptop has a wide gamut screen and comes with Premiere Color software that can emulate sRGB, DCI-P3 and AdobeRGB. However it’s pretty bad when I use it, it creates significant color banding in darker shades.

I have i1Display Pro colorimeter. How can I create 3 profiles that would emulate sRGB, DCI-P3 and AdobeRGB using DisplayCal? Then I can switch between the three as needed.

I ran through the standard setup with D65, 120, sRGB and got 100% sRGB, 99.9% aRGB and 93% DCI-P3. However the resulting profile doesn’t look like sRGB, it’s still vibrant.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

I have i1Display Pro colorimeter. How can I create 3 profiles that would emulate sRGB, DCI-P3 and AdobeRGB using DisplayCal? Then I can switch between the three as needed.

there’s no need for different profiles in a color managed environment, so you can just create one profile, chacterizing the display in its native gamut mode.

However the resulting profile doesn’t look like sRGB, it’s still vibrant.

Only color managed applications (e.g. Photoshop, GIMP) make use of display profiles.

Abe
    Participant

So if I want web pages and my Windows desktop, and Photos app to look like sRGB it’s not possible? But in programs like Photoshop or Lightroom I can select sRGB profile to view images in that format?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Windows and most other programs are not color managed.

Nakata2
    Participant

Hey there ,

i have the same Dell XPS 15 4k IPS and had the same issues with Premiere Color (uninstalled now). Would also be interested in the same topic, since i edit videos in DaVinci the screen still looks a bit oversaturrated to me. If i run color-calibration on spyder x software and Displaycal and select them in the windows display settings, there is a huge difference. Since my screen tends a bit to the reds, displaycal doesnt correct that as the spyder software does. And also if i run calibration on Displaycal and want to set the whitepoint, the greens are way below the reds and blues. If I set the greens right in intel controlroom, to be in the center of the scale, the screen is way too green. Would be happy to get some help.

Best D

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

See the wiki for Resolve. You cannot use software means to adjust the whitepoint, it will invalidate the calibration. On laptops, you have thus to skip interactive display adjustment.

Nakata2
    Participant

ok thanks…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS