Correction of color measurement instruments

Home Forums Help and Support Correction of color measurement instruments

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

MrSoulPC915
    Participant

Hello,

I have a technical question, and I couldn’t find the answer.

I have three color measurement instruments. One I trust perfectly (X-Rite i1Display Pro) and two X-Rite i1Display 2 which have logically aged badly (one more than the other).

I no longer use these two old monitor calibration devices, but I would like to be able to give them to friends who can’t afford to buy this.

So my question is this, can I create a correction profile of both i1Display 2 from a trusted Display Pro and a good screen (Eizo FlexScan S2243W)?

Thank you in advance.

———-

Bonjour,

J’ai une question un peu technique, et je n’ai pas réussi a trouver la réponse.

J’ai trois sondes. Une dont j’ai parfaitement confiance (X-Rite i1Display Pro) et deux X-Rite i1Display 2 qui ont logiquement mal vieilli (l’une plus que l’autre).

Je n’ai plus usage de ces deux sondes, mais j’aimerais pouvoir les donner a des amis qui n’ont pas les moyens d’acheter une sonde.

Donc ma question est la suivante, puis-je créer un profil de correction des deux Display2 à partir d’une sonde de confiance “Display Pro” et d’un bon écran (Eizo FlexScan S2243W) ?

Merci d’avance.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

That might work, but not within DisplayCAL (requires a spectral instrument as reference). You can use Argyll’s ccxxmake on the command line.

stama
    Participant

The correction profile will only be suitable to use with the display you are profiling against (the Eizo FlexScan S2243W). If they have any other kind of display, then the correction is useless to them.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS