Correction file for MAG274QRF-QD – would AUO B156HW01 work?

Home Forums Help and Support Correction file for MAG274QRF-QD – would AUO B156HW01 work?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

death0serpent
    Participant

Hello liquid crystal enthusiasts! 🙂

Would love your input on this. Trying to calibrate my MSI Optix MAG274QRF-QD. Since I know their panel is manufactured by AU Optronics, I think selecting the option “LCD GB-r-LED/RG Phosphor LED family (AUO B156HW01 V.4, Dell U2413)” in the “Correction” drop down menu would be a good idea? I definitely don’t think the more common “LCD White LED family (AC, LG, Samsung)” would fit.

What do you think? Let me know, please!
    Cheers and thanks for your time!

death0serpent
    Participant

Further info I’ve gathered: found these specific spectrometer correction files for my model at this link. Would anyone recommend using one of these rather?

death0serpent
    Participant

Second update on the matter:  Tim from Hardware Unboxed on YT suggests using the “LCD PFS Phosphor WLED family” option for WLED displays. The MAG274QRD-QD is such a WLED panel. Hm, my head is spinning lol. I’m starting to think that the AUO options are for older monitors according to Tim’s suggestions in his video starting at 09:23.

death0serpent
    Participant

Third update on the matter: I have found the specs of the AU Optronics M270DAN08.2 panel used for this monitor. Perhaps this extra information would be of use to someone who has more insight.

displayMonkey
    Participant

Hey death0serpent – have you had any luck with this? I just ordered my MSI MAG274QRF-QD and will want to calibrate it asap

Алексей Коробов
    Participant

Further info I’ve gathered: found these specific spectrometer correction files for my model at this link. Would anyone recommend using one of these rather?

Better to try 3.3 nm by i1Studio, but after fast calibration to 6500K use visual xy white point selection and remake profile. You can also slightly correct white point of current profile with Calibrilla software (Windows only) or with RGB bars in display menu (the most easy way, but RGB bars are usually too rude). The problem is that we can’t be sure in database corrections, – they have to be build for totally resetted display and some declared brightness.

Calibrite ColorChecker Studio on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

displayMonkey
    Participant

Thanks. Which of the 2x 3.3nm by i1Studio? Adaptive HiRes or LCD Adaptive HiRes?

Алексей Коробов
    Participant

It looks like “LCD” variant is a bit more real, generally they are close to each other. However we don’t know the accuracy of those Munkis, displays menu settings and their precise initial color temperature/tint. So you should control white point and skin tone by eye for your room lighting conditions. I recommend to relax your eyes several times during this procedure, we easily adapt to image colors, face colors especially.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS