Correcting Color Oversaturation in games with .icm profile and 3D LUT

Home Forums Help and Support Correcting Color Oversaturation in games with .icm profile and 3D LUT

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Is this possible to do without any calibration instruments? All I want to do is fix the over-saturated colors on my HP zr30w in video games with the use of reshade and a 3d LUT file.

I have installed displaycal, and loaded my .icm file, but even when I check “enable 3d lut tab” and check or uncheck “apply calibration” the “Create 3d LUT” button remains grayed out.  I have tried to load my .icm file (which was downloaded from HP’s website) but I get an error saying “The file does not contain settings”.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Use the standalone 3D LUT maker and set the HP profile as destination. As source choose Rec. 709, tone curve gamma 2.2, rendering intent relative colorimetric, format ReShade.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you! I had not noticed the standalone 3d LUT maker in the Displaycal program folder. With that I was able to generate several files including colorlookuptable.png

I installed reshade in my game directory, and the lut.fx shader, then

1. deleted lut.png in reshadeshaders/textures
    2. copied colorlookuptable.png to reshade-shaders/textures and renamed it lut.png

Then when I started the game reshade started and I pressed home to bring up the list of shaders there was a checkbox for lut.fx
    By checking or unchecking this box I could turn off the shader and see the difference in colors.  My colors are correct now!

One note: I had to change my 3d lut size to 32×32 for it to work, 64×64 gave incorrect colors.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

ReShade’s own 3D LUT shader (lut.fx) is limited to 32x32x32. This limitation does not apply to DisplayCAL’s shader (ColorLookupTable.fx).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS