Confused about Win10 device setting

Home Forums Help and Support Confused about Win10 device setting

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

jjensson
    Participant

Hi guys, i think this is my first post. I just got confused and frankly scared, as i discovered that in the Win10 Settings for “Color Management -> Devices -> Profiles associated with this device” there was no profile selected!

Maybe Win10 did clear the settings at some point? Maybe this setting should not be used, because i have the DisplayCal Loader? At any rate, as i now tried to select a “profile associated with this device” (my monitor ICC profile), the screen got dimmer and more yellow. Something is not right…

I gotta ask: Is this Win10 color management setting required or not? Because it changes everything for the worse.

• This topic was modified 3 years ago by jjensson.

jjensson
    Participant

Sadly i can’t edit my post. Just a clarification:

The field for “Profiles associated with this device” was completely empty. Even though i now know that it gets populated with profiles when you click “install” after the calibration procedure. Somehow everything got erased here. (Win update? nVidia update?)

The question is, with only DisplayCal Loader, did i have the wrong display calibration all the time, the last months? (The contrast was better, but the whitepoint cooler)

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by jjensson.
    • This reply was modified 3 years ago by jjensson.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS