Cheap solution for HDMI (or system-wide) color correction (3dLUT)?

Home Forums Help and Support Cheap solution for HDMI (or system-wide) color correction (3dLUT)?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Marco Artemisio
    Participant

Hello

I’m looking for some advice.

Since i built my HTPC (Windows 10) i’m kinda frustraded about color correction for movies especially for streaming services like Netflix or AmazonPrime.

I’m using madVR and PotPlayer for downloaded content to have accurate color correction but as far as i know there is no software solution for color correcting movies on my web browser or the Native Netflix app on windows. I know i can only load grayscale calibration and gamma from displaycal.

Is there a cheap solution like an external box that converts HDMI signal using 3dlut or something else? Or a solution to use color correction system-wide on Windows 10?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Vincent
    Participant

*IF* you have an AMD card, Windows, display reports accurate native gamut in EDID data and display has not some kind of weird behaviour then you can use AMD’s EDID emulation to sRGB/Rec709 and apply grey/gamma calibration on top of that. All software and free.

AFAIK nv control panel has not that feature.

Marco Artemisio
    Participant

*IF* you have an AMD card, Windows, display reports accurate native gamut in EDID data and display has not some kind of weird behaviour then you can use AMD’s EDID emulation to sRGB/Rec709 and apply grey/gamma calibration on top of that. All software and free.

AFAIK nv control panel has not that feature.

Sadly i don’t have an AMD card, so that’s not an option 🙁

Thanks for the tip anyways.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS