changing calibration repeat threshold and patch count

Home Forums General Discussion changing calibration repeat threshold and patch count

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Mark Appleton
    Participant

Is it possible to change the repeat thresholds and patch counts for the calibration step (not the profiling step)?

I know that changing the “profile quality” reduces the repeat threshold indirectly (high quality gives me 0.4 DE for 90 patches), but is there a way to set it explicitly?

Egor S.
    Participant

Hi,

thats what Vincent says  in the “Graphics card LUT vs. display LUT” post:

“There are two set of measurements:
    -calibration patches (for grey), controled by calibration speed setting
    -profilling patches (user controlled, the ones you named), not related to calibration (for making a LUT3D for madVR or Resolve maybe, but not for desktop calibration)”

So  if you want to increase the patch counts, you have to decrease the calibration speed.

I haven’t tried it yet.

Mark Appleton
    Participant

Hi,

thats what Vincent says  in the “Graphics card LUT vs. display LUT” post:

“There are two set of measurements:
    -calibration patches (for grey), controled by calibration speed setting
    -profilling patches (user controlled, the ones you named), not related to calibration (for making a LUT3D for madVR or Resolve maybe, but not for desktop calibration)”

So  if you want to increase the patch counts, you have to decrease the calibration speed.

I haven’t tried it yet.

It looks like I’ll have to go into the source code, then, if the slider is the only way to control the greyscale calibration quality.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS