Cannot re-apply profile after switching IO

Home Forums Help and Support Cannot re-apply profile after switching IO

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Reziarfg
    Participant

This may be something I’m doing wrong because I’m not particularly versed in color profile nuances.

I had my 2 Dell displays calibrated via a Spyder 5 and everything seemed fine. It was working okay for months. I just switched my primary display from displayport to HDMI and now I have no color profile on either displays. My primary is super green and secondary is super red.

I attempted re-applying the profile, applying the profile with the Windows color profile control panel, restarting, quitting and re-starting displaycal 3.5

I don’t want to have to re-calibrate because it takes hours and I already have a good calibration! I’m not sure what I may be doing wrong. Windows display settings appears to show the correct latest profiles applied. It’s driving me crazy.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

What’s your display configuration (number of active and disabled displays, extended desktop or clone mode)?

restarting, quitting and re-starting displaycal 3.5

Note that DisplayCAL itself does not affect assigned monitor profiles (unless you use it to install a new one). Use the profile loader application in the tray to manage associated profiles.

Windows display settings appears to show the correct latest profiles applied.

Windows display settings is not functioning correctly when it comes to showing the associated profile in some case, so I would recommend against using it (same goes for Windows color management control panel).

Reziarfg
    Participant

Florian,

Thank you for the advice. I think I just figured out my problem and it was a silly one indeed.

Turns out when I switched between displayport and HDMI it reset my display color calibration. So the profile was still applying but the monitor was off in its custom color settings so everything had gone green.

My original calibration was so long ago I didn’t think that I’d set these settings in such a way. Everything is now good again and I hope this helps someone in the future.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS