Calibration result

Home Forums Help and Support Calibration result

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Lada
    Participant

Hello, I am quite new to calibration. Could you please check my result and tell me if its good result for photo editing ? Thank you

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Vincent
    Participant

Although report shows “all OK” it seems that you didn’t use a colorimeter correction for your i1d3.
    That means that those numbers, even calibration itself are not the actual color values of the screen. It can be noticeable by eye, white point can be visually off to what you usually call “white”.

That “PHL 276E8V” seems a WLED sRGB-like display, so choose White LED IPS generic correction for i1d3 and repeat the full process: calibration&profiling + verification and remember to check that you are using the proper colorimeter correction with these devices before you start to measure.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Ladis Pejchar
    Participant

thanks for the answer. I did not find White LED IPS generic correction but correction called: SPECTRAL: LCD White LED family (AC,LG,Samsung). So i did calibration again and i attached my result. Was it done properly ? Thanks a lot for your time

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Vincent
    Participant

Unless there is some user misconfiguration, like the lack of spectral correction, “all green” means that profile matches display, and “all green” in Measured vs. assumed target whitepoint means “white point  looks white”.

As profile report is self explanatory an yours is OK “all green”, you may be asking because you saw something odd. Is it?
    Look in grey colors, measured a*b* values (right column). “grey” (= darker colors thatn white 255 but with the same “color” as white) should have a*=0, b*=0 with a- “greenish”, a+ “pinkish”
    Is this what bothers you? The odd thing you saw in your images so you question validation?

Validation validates “Profile”. You choose a XYZLUT profile which stores after calibration measured grey response in 3 TRC curves.
    Validation says “this display matches TRC curves in profile”, hence “all green OK”, but it also says not actually very neutral grey (range about 1.8).

S Simeonov
    Participant

Don’t want to make a new topic, but do I need to reset to the factory default settings on a brand new monitor, after waiting 30 min at least to get warm, before starting a calibration?

• This reply was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by S Simeonov.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS