Calibrating properly for Windows & HDR

Home Forums Help and Support Calibrating properly for Windows & HDR

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

OverC1ockeD
    Participant

So I am calibrating my LG CX OLED. What I want to know is the proper settings for this. I am calibrating to full range RGB since it’s mostly for gaming and PC stuff (my tv is already calibrated to limited but I am seeing

Issues in dark areas due to the differences in range). I want to create a 3DLUT at the end that can also do limited RGB (Windows will auto switch in apps if I’m not mistaken). One of the things I want to know is I have Windows set to using HDR. How do I properly calibrate it so that SDR and HDR are both accurate and how do I save the LUT, etc? If someone could help walk me through this in steps that would be awesome. Thanks!

OverC1ockeD
    Participant

Bump

Vincent
    Participant

Late a look on Le Doge’s thread for DWMLUT and HDR. I remember other users asking or sharing the same.

Raj S
    Participant

I’d recommend just using CalMAN Home for LG ($150). Use their AutoCal and basically do all the modes. So SDR + HDR + DV including their Cinema, Filmmaker and Game modes. TFTCentral has a great beginners guide for AutoCal on LG.

I personally use gamma 2.2 on Cinema and 2.4 on Filmmaker. This way I can use Cinema mode on PC, and Filmmaker for the inbuilt apps like Netflix/Amazon Prime.

You wouldn’t have to worry about Full vs Limited Range either. It would all be done correctly for you by the calibration software.

If you’re willing to skip the 3DLUT calibration, one alternative is to manually calibrate HDR 2-point controls (it’s recommended to leave the HDR 20-point alone) and use the excellent factory calibration for everything else. Often people do it in the Service Menu which lets you adjust WP before any additional processing is applied.

I know about the other alternatives. For example, ColourSpace ZRO manual calibration, DeviceControl, PGenerator, ColourSpace HT 3DLUT calibration, HCFR, and so on. They’re either too complex or too expensive for a consumer solution. That’s why I recommend CalMAN.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS