Calibrating my Eizo CS240 with DisplayCal after having used ColorNavigator

Home Forums Help and Support Calibrating my Eizo CS240 with DisplayCal after having used ColorNavigator

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Jossie
    Participant

Hello,

in this forum I read that there may be strange behaviour if one uses DisplayCal with an Eizo after having calibrated it before with ColorNavigator.

I would like to try DisplayCAL now and want to avoid any problems.  What would be the correct procedure to do that?

Hermann-Josef

WolfPeace
    Participant

Well, if you are going to use colour management in your workflow then you don’t need even the hardware calibration via internal LUT. You can use Custom image preset on the monitor to adjust RGB Gain(aka Whitepoint via RGB sliders) and luminance(with brightness control), don’t change things like Contrast and then proceed to calibrate and profile display with desired parameters. I  also like to not connect monitor with USB connection to the computer and don’t use it’s USB ports if it is really not needed, and I always disable DDC(Direct Display Control) so computer can’t talk something to monitor other than sending GPU signal to it.

If you already installed ColorNavigator, safest choice for using only DisplayCal would be to uninstall it. If you already did a hardware calibration simply don’t use and it also does not need software to function properly, it is inside of the monitor.

Jossie
    Participant

Thank you very  much for your advice!

If you already did a hardware calibration simply don’t use and it also does not need software to function properly, it is inside of the monitor.

This is exactly my question! How do I get rid of what ColorNavigator did inside the monitor and graphic card?

Hermann-Josef

WolfPeace
    Participant

You can do a factory reset of the monitor if there is no option in Picture Preset to delete it. DisplayCal by default will clear any GPU calibration(vcgt – Video card Gamma table) when it starts calibration, so you don’t need to worry about that. In case you need to clear GPU calibration before calibration with DisplayCal, or for some other use,  you can go to Tools>Video Card Gamma Table> Reset Video Card Gamma Table.

Jossie
    Participant

Thanks a lot again for the fast reply!

WolfPeace
    Participant

You’re welcome.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS