Calibrating Eizo CG2730

Home Forums Help and Support Calibrating Eizo CG2730

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Jonah Senften
    Participant

Been trying to calibrate my CG2370 using xrite i1 display pro to Rec.709. Sadly i so far have somewhat limited knowledge and experience, which takes some time to aquire. Is there a quick guide for setting up displaycal for calibration to rec709 and verify this so that i can trust the monitor and what it displays?

Best /Jonah

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Vincent
    Participant

The only way to calibrate CG2730 using its internal LUTs is Color Navigator.

If you mean “calibrate to Rec709 for applications like Resolve using their software LUT3Ds”, then:

-Use ColorNavigator to get close to your desired white and gamma. For example D65 and gamma 2.4
    -Use DisplayCAL to profile it and make a LUT3D for Resolve (there is a section for that in displaycal doc/faqs)

If you are using an i1d3 colorimeter like i1DisplayPro or colormunki display for the second part (DisplayCAL), use “HP_DreamColor_Z24x_NewPanel.ccss” as colorimeter correction.

DisplayCAL LUT3D creation does not require that you calibrate previously your CG2730 to Rec709 gamut (limiting its native gamut), but you may want to test if Color Navigator results are good enough for you.
    You can validate Color Navigator results with an external probe like an i1DisplayPro, DisplayCAL and suggested spectral correction (CCSS)

Jonah Senften
    Participant

Thanks for the help.

So basically i could choose the srgb preconfigurated setting, create a 3dlut using the guide on the wiki and load the lut in resolve for reference output and be good to go for grading in rec709?

How does one calibrate to rec709 in CN?

Vincent
    Participant

Option 1)
    Color navigator sRGB/rec709 gamut, D65 white and your desired gamma (2.2 or 2.4, whatever you want… likely to be 2.4)
    Use (resolve & others) & validate (DisplayCAL) it as is, no LUT3D for Resolve.

Option 2)
    Color Navigator native gamut, D65 white and your desired gamma (2.2 or 2.4).
    Then profile with DisplayCAL and its Resolve workflow.
    Setting gamut to native allows you to build more LUT3D from the same profile, like to simulate video in non color managed Android phone (profile the phone remotely before)

bruce alan greene
    Participant

If you are just starting out in color grading , I would use the Color Navigator software to create a REC709, Gamma 2.2 (or 2.4) calibration that will be stored in your display.  It’s not as accurate as a true 3D LUT, but it’s a lot easier than learning to create 3D LUTs using Resolve.

Once you’ve made the calibration using Color Navigator (using a displayport connection), connect your display via a decklink device and HMDI, if your using resolve, and in your resolve settings set video output to data or “full” levels (not “video” levels).

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS