Calibrating a SmallHD 502 monitor

Home Forums Help and Support Calibrating a SmallHD 502 monitor

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author

Florian Höch
    Administrator

There’s the possibility to attach a neutral-density filter to the front of an older i1D3 (DIY).

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

thereshold4001
    Participant

The auto calibration made by smallHD is not very good.

Purchase the OEM i1D3.Use it and calibrate with displaycal.First, calibrate at a luminance of 1000 nit. If i1DP3 is a REV B ver, keep it at 2000 nit.The display gets hot. I1DP3 should be separated by 3 inches to avoid thermal drift.You will need to calibrate in a dark room as it will be measured separately.

Michael Tebinka
    Participant

Thank you!

I will try calibrating by first setting the 503 just below 1000 nits and then position it at 3” from the surface. Does this require any configuration in DisplayCal to make it understand how I’ve positioned the probe? Does it make a difference in how measurements are done? Are there any other settings and/or configuration in the software that I should pay special attention to – in addition to what has already been mentioned in this thread?

thereshold4001
    Participant

I1dp3 corresponds to a direct view display and a projector.So it’s safe to set it apart from the display.
    But there is a point to be careful.
    The angle of view of i1dp3 is narrow.So it is better to set the color patch size to full screen.
    It is better to limit the calibration time to about one hour rather than longer.
    Because color shift occurs at the start and end of measurement.

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS