BenQ SW271, firmware and native color space checking

Home Forums Help and Support BenQ SW271, firmware and native color space checking

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

Artyom
    Participant

Just make sure that PME profile remains as default in OS settings.
    DisplayCAL XYZLUT is just for generating an accurate LUT3D from PME HW calibration.

this is where I am completely confused…

Artyom
    Participant

CCSS BenQ SW271 (ColorMunki) 3.3nm, 380-730nm (2019-07-26 15:34:59)

Looks you are right, it’s a GB-LED: the one you choose, U2413 correction bundled with DisplayCAL or that one from community database.

So for the BenQ SW271 monitor I have to choose the LCD GB-r-LED correction … (Dell U2413)?

Vincent
    Participant

Just make sure that PME profile remains as default in OS settings.
    DisplayCAL XYZLUT is just for generating an accurate LUT3D from PME HW calibration.

this is where I am completely confused…

MacOS is very very limited regarding the profile types supported by the apps that use Apple color management engine, theirs, not Adobe CMM or other apps.

So do not install XYZLUT profile that you created for resolve, use PME’s in OS settings. XYZLUT profile will be used only for generating Resolve’s LUT3D and applied on top of PME’s HW CAL (no Apple CMM involved).

Vincent
    Participant

CCSS BenQ SW271 (ColorMunki) 3.3nm, 380-730nm (2019-07-26 15:34:59)

Looks you are right, it’s a GB-LED: the one you choose, U2413 correction bundled with DisplayCAL or that one from community database.

So for the BenQ SW271 monitor I have to choose the LCD GB-r-LED correction … (Dell U2413)?

I wrote 3 options. Anyway, plot spectral power distribution and you’ll see. It’s that “i” button next to correction combo.

Artyom
    Participant

I wrote 3 options. Anyway, plot spectral power distribution and you’ll see. It’s that “i” button next to correction combo.

This diagram does not tell me anything. I am just a colorist and video editor. I need a clear method to get a more or less correct colors on my BenQ monitor. It may be bad, but it is what I have. With all due respect to your science, I am not able to immerse myself so much in the knowledge about monitor calibration. I would like to get advice with clear steps, the most correct in your opinion. “You have taken it…” “turned on that…” etc. As it is written in the Wiki. Thank you, Vincent, for wasting your time on me, I appreciate it very much, but I’d like to hear clear steps, preferably without possible variants. Thank you again for your understanding.

Vincent
    Participant

1- Go to Displaycal colorimeter correction database (community), google it

2- Search SW271

3- Choose the one I wrote “CCSS BenQ SW271 (ColorMunki) 3.3nm, 380-730nm (2019-07-26 15:34:59)”

4- Download and import it to DisplayCAL

5- As you may see if you press “i”, it shows spectral power distribution. Power per wavelength in a very short summary. It is a GBLED almost equal to the one in 1nm correction bundled with displayCAL for generic GB-LEDs = U2413. The other one, “RG phosphor”, contains a GBLED (the same U2413) and another backlights in the same CCSS.

So use one of these, U2413 or community made corrections.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by Vincent.

Artyom
    Participant

Thanks a lot, Vincent! I’ll try it!

Artyom
    Participant

1- Go to Displaycal colorimeter correction database (community), google it

Hi Vincent! I ran the Davinci Resolve GUI recalibration on the SW271 and noticed that the white point is more green after the PME calibration. If I use the “Calibration #1” on monitor I have no option to adjust the white balance in the monitor settings, this option is just inactive. What to do in this case: ignore it and continue measuring further? Or disable interactive display adjustment?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artyom
    Participant

When I calibrating a monitor with “single curve+matrix” profile type, there is no possibility to use “Device link profile” option on Verification tab, why? Is the problem in profile type? Then how to correct verify the ICC profile on MacOS? Ignore “Use simulation profile as display profile” and “Device link profile”?

And is there any difference in compiling 3DLUT from single curve+matrix or XYZ LUT, e.g. by simultaneously creating ICC profile for Mac OS that requires single curve and 3DLUT for Davinci Resolve?

Thank you in advance!

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS