Apple iMac Late 2013

Home Forums Help and Support Apple iMac Late 2013

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

tuinvogel
    Participant

Good morning,

Yes, i know, my iMac is an oldy, but due to current budget constraints, it has to keep on working for the next few months.

I am trying to calibrate my iMac using my (also an oldy) i1 display2. When i read through some intenetposts, i understand that the correct “correction” settings under the “Display & instrument”-tab are very important.
    In those posts they recommend some settings, but none of those are in my list of available ones! Maybe due to my old i1D2, my older iMac?

Maybe someone here has some useful advice for me!

Specs of my iMac: This model has a 21.5″ LED-backlit 16:9 widescreen TFT active matrix display with IPS technology and a native resolution of 1920×1080. Apple also reports that the “cover glass is fully laminated to the LCD and an anti-reflective coating is applied.”
    Apple iMac 21.5-Inch “Core i5” 2.7 (Late 2013)

Attached: a screenshot of my available correction suggestions.

Kind Regards,
    Melkman

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Vincent
    Participant

i1d2 = degraded filters + non portable matrix corrections

Very very high chances that it will be innacurate no matter which correction(made by other people) you choose.

tuinvogel
    Participant

Thanks for your response! Looks like this is a non-working situation… The i1D2 should go in the trashcan.

I assume the i1Display Pro is the successor of the i1D2? Maybe i can order that one and start calibrating my old iMac. Hope the i1Display Pro gives better and more consistent results (?) !

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Vincent
    Participant

Yes, several flavors:
    i1Display studio is slower and wil not work with HW calibration solutions or other 3rd party  software, but it works with DisplayCAL/HCFR/ArgyllCMS.
    i1DisplayPro is the unlimited version (although some vendors like Wacom may require to buy THEIR i1d3 for HW calibration which may not work with other HW cal solutions)

tuinvogel
    Participant

Thanks for your suggestions! I just ordered the X-Rite i1Display Pro.
    I really need to get my colors right …. hope this will keep my iMac up and running for the next few months!

Kind regards

tuinvogel
    Participant

Good Afternoon,

Does the i1 Display Pro work with DisplayCal?

Kind Regards

tuinvogel
    Participant

Oops, sorry, operator error.

I couldn’t find some options in different DisplayCal screens (shown on a website). Then i discovered i could enable “Show advanced options”

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS