Adjust TV

Home Forums General Discussion Adjust TV

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Arno
    Participant

I am wondering whether and how DisplayCal can help me to adjust my TV-Set to be as good as possible. It is a no name TV, so initial image quality is limited. But I have (thanks to a service menu) a lot of ways to adjust it.

The normal calibration will not work, as it uses LUTs of graphic card. So the only I did til now is watching a grey image and fiddle the 3 colors to be at same level – I just use TV monitor instead of Laptop monitor while measuring (before calibration start). Anything else I can do?

That was just a one point shot. So maybe I can repeat that with different brightness grey pictures from white to black?

(use a spider 5)

• This topic was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by Arno.
    • This topic was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by Arno.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

If you want manual calibration, have a look at HCFR.

Arno
    Participant

Mh, checked documentation for HCFR (as I don’t know what this means), found only something related to MAC-OS and it seems to be a special device. I just have this mention Spider5. Or am I wrong?

Edit:

You probably mean that: https://sourceforge.net/projects/hcfr/

Ok, I’ll check that.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by Arno.

Arno
    Participant

If others will might have same questions about howto: Check out this:

http://www.curtpalme.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10457

Arno
    Participant

My first attempt was:
    It shouldn’t be not too difficult to create this required images 0..100 IRE @ 6500K by myself.

But what does it mean 25% grey: Is ist 0x40 for R, G, B?  There are all colors equally weightet, but is this grey by definition and what does it mean with color temperature?

Is there a a good freeware to create this image in 1920×1080,  just with paint.net 100 saturation, neutral color and play with brightness -100 … 0 ?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

HCFR comes with its own pattern generator, or you can use a disc image like AVS HD 709.

Arno
    Participant

Thanks for this valueble hints. I tested HCFR. The results was strange. After adjusting the TV to a neutral grey (believing what Spyder 5 via HCFR shows) the image was reddish, even visible by eye. I want to bother you, just if you are interested:

http://www.curtpalme.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=42210

I found calibration with DisplayCal resulting on the “warm” side, but I wouldn’t call this reddish as the results  with HCFR.

I’ll try to redo it with this pattern you have linked, but I have not access to the colorimeter in next days.

Anyhow, I have learned a lot, but maybe not enough til now. Thank you.

Arno
    Participant

Bad typo in my previos post: Don’t want bother someone ! (Mea culpa)

• This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by Arno.

SirMaster
    Participant

Did you use any colorimeter correction for the spyder5 with your TV?

What TV is it?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS