Acer XBR270HU

Home Forums Help and Support Acer XBR270HU

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Derek Prestegard
    Participant

Hello!

I’ve got a Portrait Displays C6 HDR2000 colorimeter and have had great luck using that with Calman on my LG displays.

I figured I should use it to calibrate my Acer XB270HU gaming monitor as well using DisplayCal. I don’t watch a ton of video on this setup anymore, but I figured I might as well have a MadVR 3D LUT as well to get proper BT.709 and BT.1886 playback.

Calibration went off pretty quickly, and it generated a LUT that loads up into MadVR no problem. However, when I do a verification I see a large DeltaE*00 of 5.29 on pure red, and between 2.5 and 3.13 on several other patches. The DeltaE*ICtCp is of course devastating.

I know this isn’t necessarily a color accurate display, but it seemed to measure well initially and I’d think it could be calibrated easily?

Am I doing something wrong? When performing the verification I’ve got the Simulation profile set to Rec709 and the Tone curve set to Rec. 1886.

Since this is a white LED IPS panel I selected the “Spectral: LCD White LED IPS (Acer XB270HU (i1 Pro) LCD-Generic-Adaptive-HiRes))”  correction during calibration. I calibrated at 275 nits (85 brightness) and the initial white balance using the monitor’s OSD based controls for its R/G/B gains looked totally perfect.

Vincent
    Participant

1000:1… Rec1886 may be not what you want. Also it may be not the target you are validating against hence the errors.

For errors on primaries, just check colospace coverage in a 2D or 3D plot (better a*b* than xy)

Derek Prestegard
    Participant

Where did you get 1000:1 from?

Vincent
    Participant

Google. https://www.displayspecifications.com/es/model/715856. Is it wrong? Looks like common sRGB IPS display.  You’ll need 3x times contrast to make Rec1886 look like you want (2.4)

Derek Prestegard
    Participant

Ah, I see. Yeah, it’s just a 1000:1 IPS display. Nothing special other than its super high refresh rate and G-Sync chip 🙂

Maybe I misunderstood a few things.

My goal was to calibrate the display to sRGB (same primaries as BT.709 but Gamma ~2.2) and make a LUT to use in MadVR to properly display content mastered for BT.1886 (Gamma ~2.4).

My understanding was that the verification tab would validate the result, but this will validate the calibration, NOT the LUT? If so I should actually be doing an sRGB validation *(using Gamma 2.2), right?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS