A couple feature requests.

Home Forums General Discussion A couple feature requests.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  namefaceguy 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Darkmatter
    Participant

I know I mentioned at least one of these things in a thread in Help and Support but I had a few ideas so I’m going to put them here.

1. Sometimes when doing a long calibration and profile you need to continue to use your computer, even if only over to the side of the screen to surf something. The problem is that sometimes a windows such as right clicking, and accidentally minimizing the desktop among others, can screw up your test. I’d like to see auto-save states with a set auto-save time that DisplayCal can continue from if there is a problem that stops the test, and a feature on the calibration/characterization/etc sections of a test as well for resuming from your chosen auto-save.
    2. I’d also like to see a sort of “quick” version of the above in the way of a “Undo” button that if a window pops up over your patch you can hit the undo button 1 or more times to go back 1 or more patches.

Thanks!

• This topic was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by  Darkmatter.
    • This topic was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by  Darkmatter.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Sorry, not going to consider this. There is always the option to pause the measurements manually (which should only be done for brief amounts of time), and if you find the need to do that often then you should reconsider the amount of patches you’re measuring and/or your computer usage habits (if you really need to use the computer all the time and can’t wait for measurements to finish, let it run overnight while you sleep).

Darkmatter
    Participant

Actually I do do this but my sleep is buggered so I am up at crazy, stupid hours.

Never hurts to ask.

Thanks for reading my idea.

DM

namefaceguy
    Participant

I second this.  I have had so many frustrating moment where I’m trying to use the pc during a calibration and all of a sudden a windows will ask for administrator privileges and set me back an hour.  It’s more of an issue with slower colorometers that I started with but still seems like a legit quality of life request.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS